Saturday, September 28, 2019

Mazzi & Tac : They Met Once in Dubai and BOOM, An EP is now LIVE!!

EP Artwork (Designed by Tac)

It's surreal to witness this project come to life. I've know the fam "Mazzi" since I launched the blog, way back in '07. We have always remained in contact and throughout my journey, he has ALWAYS showed love and support. Just last year, he was passing by the UAE and we connected and I was telling him about SOLE DXB and he got really intrigued and knowing him, he really fell in love with the idea of being in Dubai and witnessing this Cultural Hip-Hop festival. So, 3 months later, Mazzi made it to SOLE DXB as part of the Def Jam crew that was coming with Dani Leigh.

Last year, I was blessed to have a "Radio Booth" at Sole DXB, I called it "THE BEAT" and it featured 8 Rappers, but when I found out Mazzi was gona make it, I had to add him to the mix and watching all these rappers spit on various beats was a blessing
(Mazzi, Tac, P.Storm & Swerte (The Recipe), Jaysus Zain, Menon, Moh Flow, Freek and Malikah) 



Mazzi, Tac, P.Storm, Swerte, Jaysus Zain, Menon, Moh Flow, Big Hass
(Missing in the pic: Malikah and Freek)
Pic by Hitesh Dewasi

I found myself introducing Mazzi to the community and one of those artists was Tac and to see that they now have a project together makes me super happy. I asked Mazzi how did this whole project see light, this is what he said :- 




"..Stepping into the SOLE DXB cypher, I immediately sensed the immense talent around me! 
Dubai has an array of artists with unique styles! One person who stood out was a this kid Tac! He was young, lyrically gifted, & hungry! 
Soon after, I got a chance to build with him & saw that our styles would definitely compliment each other... That led to us mutually & organically deciding to record an EP on my next trip to Dubai! 
We completed it in two days, & spawned “S.O.U.L. Broke Forever”
Hope you guys enjoy it! Looking forward to further collaborations out there! YALLA!"

Tac 

I had to also ask Tac about that collabo and he had this to say: 
"no disrespect to anyone I ever worked with, but there's only a handful of rappers that give me a hard time on a record, and man... Mazzi?? He up there.." adding that when he met Mazzi in that Sole Dxb Cypher, the EP was born then.. 
a YEAR later its a reality and its LIVE!

The project is now ONLINE and you can hear it HERE


What's admirable and amazing is that ALL proceeds/profits from sales go to the Kenya Community Centre For Learning 
which is a special needs school in Nairobi and this is how Mazzi has been releasing every single project/album and it's amazing to see this collaboration with a Dubai-Based Artist. 

I want to thank both artists for collaborating, it is somehow a bridge, Tac is an Egyptian-UAE based rapper and Mazzi is American-Iranian based in NY. Its just beautiful..

I Love it. Show Love and Show Support.
Stream it, Download it. Push it.


Let's go TAZZI ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis