Monday, September 23, 2019

"We are Staying Put" , Sudanese Artist TooDope talks politics with his latest song


TooDope
I appreciate artists that use their platform to reflect a certain reality or truth towards a situation that is on-going in their homeland. 
One of those artists is TooDope whose latest single doesn't shy away from addressing a situation that happened in Sudan. 

With a beat that mixes Jazz and Sudanese sampling, TooDope's voice and Arabic lyrics hit home because they are very simple yet POWERFUL. He made an impact.

I asked him about the song and this is what he said " Sabbinaha is a Sudanese melodic revolutionary song I made in support of the Military Headquarters Sit-in that took place in April 6th until the the 3rd of June when the Janjaweed militias along with the support of government forces dispersed the sit-in in what can only be described as a massacre. I consider this song a landmark for me personally, because it highlights a switch up in genres going from hiphop & trap into Afro-fusion also it was the very first song I wrote that is fully in Arabic except for literary 1 line

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis