Thursday, June 30, 2016

Jordan store opens in Dubai | #DXB23


Salam my people!
I remember the first time I bought a pair of Air Jordan's. I don't want to sound too old, but it was back in the 90's! The pair that I bought was the Air Jordan XII (1997). Basketball is a big part of who I am. Back then, owning one of these simply made you 'cool' and I think it still does and I have just the story to prove it.
See, I wasn't really that 'cool' back then. There was this popular kid in my school, a few years older than me, who noticed my Air Jordan's and my shoes sparked a long discussion about Basketball and Life! 


Fast-forward to 2016, I am still fascinated by the Jordan brand. I received an invitation from Nike to visit their Jordan store, newly opened in Dubai Mall (Dubai, UAE) on 30th June '16. Going through the store, it was nice to be greeted by a young and friendly staff. I walked straight to the shoe section and I was bedazzled by the beauty of the Air Jordan XII!
We meet again...
 'my precious'!
The store has a good layout, and I truly recommend you visiting it!


It definitely brought back memories of that pair I owned (yes its gone now!)



My only request from the Jordan brand and Nike is to try and extend the sizes in order to cater to all basketball players. I am 6'1 with broad shoulders and my shoe size is 48.5 European (14.5 US) and unfortunately they don't have this size in the market. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and hopefully my next visit will be to invest in a new pair! or maybe #DXB23 can hook a brother up! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis