Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Matkhalesh Hada Ayesh: The Synaptik crushing labels with his ‘not exotic enough’ approach

Artwork of the song by @sick.g

Nearly ONE year ago, Jordanian rapper "The Synaptik" released an album entitled "Om Al Mawjat". Album already considered a "classic" in Arabic rap. A movement that I am proud to support personally since 2007.

I been very vocal about supporting our youth, supporting the voices that actually portray a certain truth to what's actually happening on ground and just 4 days ago, The Synaptik dropped a song that i felt so emotionally attached to, a track that actually voices some of the things Im very passionate about. 


I went all nuts when I heard the track, loved every lyric, loved the beat and the whole message behind it. There's a movement of Arab rappers working really hard but it seems that their efforts are only viewed by a "niche" of people in Arabia but I believe this is about to change and the sound of truth and creativity will break through.

The song is called "Matkhalesh Hada Ayesh" which somehow translate to "Don't Keep anyone alive" and when I asked The Synaptik what did he want to address with this song, he gave me the below quote that I would like to share here on RE-VOLT : -

"... I wrote this song after the Palestine Music Expo, where there were foreign bookers looking for "exotic" Arab artists,  I felt like there was a huge margin of artists being ignored for not fitting the orientalist version of Arab music being pushed to the western audience, so I wrote this song as a statement that we as local artists that are not exotic enough for a western crowd, we have something to say, in fact we are the majority" The Synaptik told 
re-volt.

Very powerful indeed and something to think about. The song is on YouTube + all major streaming platforms. 
Track Produced by Bittar & Ameen

Show Love. Show Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis