Sunday, November 11, 2018

THE BEAT DXB Vol ii | Pix



9.11.2018 --- a date to be remembered in Dubai. I simply am out of words for the amount of support I received from the community. I started THE BEAT in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and I did NOT want it to end just because I relocated to Dubai for my son who was diagnosed with Autism couple of years ago. Below are few pictures from the night from Waleed Shah who blessed me with incredible photos:-


Photo by Waleed Shah


Performer 1 :
Saudi Singer/Songwriter Roya rocked the stage in her FIRST EVER out of Saudi performance. She was part of THE BEAT series back in Saudi and it was an honor to give her the platform. I was impressed with her maturity and presence on stage. Definitley looking forward to her original work. 

Roya (Photo by Waleed Shah)

In between sets, I have decided to keep the music going by having a live drummer and rappers take on the stage which proved to be a very entertaining segment. 

First Rapper, Dubai based Egyptian rapper TAC, A young beast for sure, loved his passion and predicting big things for this young soul.


TAC (Photo by Waleed Shah)

Performer 2:
Syrian Singer/Songwriter Ghaliaa Chaker who is breaking stereotypes and is someone with a golden voice and heart. Loved how free she was on stage as she was producing her own beats LIVE, getting the crowd entertained & playing Keys/Guitar & Derbake all in the same set.

Ghaliaa (Photo by Waleed Shah)

In a random moment, I saw P. Storm from The Recipe in the crowd and I called him up on stage to which he agreed, and had a really cool time. 


P. Storm - The Recipe (Photo by Waleed Shah)

Performer #3:
With a doubt, the most powerful performance in the evening, FAFA who is half Emirati/half Honduran rocked the stage and took the audience on a journey with her chilling and powerful voice. She even had the audience sitting down at one point... truly a highlight!

FAFA (Photo By Waleed Shah) 
FAFA (Photo By Waleed Shah)


Sharjah based Lebanese MC KAFV took the stage next where he was able to showcase his lyrical ability. I loved the metaphors he was using. Nice flow!

KAFV (Photo by Waleed Shah)
Performer 4:
Saudi rapper Molham who juggles business and music came through with a great set as he entertained the audience with Arabic & English lyrics. His flow is incredible and he's someone that knows how to rock a crowd.


Molham (Photo By Waleed Shah)
KC Hamada took the stage and I liked what I heard, I believe he has lots to offer and I can't wait to hear his new original material 

KC Hamada (Photo by Waleed Shah)

Performer 5: 
Iraqi Dubai based singer/songwriter, Shébani who is someone that has been working very hard. I admire her songwriting process and her ability to connect with the audience through sweet yet powerful lyrics. I loved that she brought a band and especially the drums, it added a great "VIBE" to her sound. 

Shébani (Photo by Waleed Shah)
Just before we close the night with our last performer, Moh Flow whom I've known for about 12/13 years came through & I had to put him on for the rap+drums segment, he rocked it as usual.

Moh Flow (Photo Waleed Shah)

Performer 6
Our finale for the evening was Sudanese based rapper 249TooDope. I have big respect for the Sudanese community in the UAE, they are very supportive of each other and that showed! TooDope performed to a sell out crowd that were singing/rapping along with him. Truly an entertainer!

249TooDope (Photo Waleed Shah)

Shout Out to Dj Sizer who was on the 1's & 2's and put the crowd in the mood & Colin the Drummer was made my vision a reality and did a great job!




Thank you to every person that rocked it that night! We sold out the printed tckts & reportedly had 300+ people in the venue. Mad love & respect & cant wait for THE BEAT DXB Vol iii 







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis