Saturday, August 11, 2018

An Open Letter to Hip-Hop // From A Saudi


Pic By Azarel 

I have dedicated a decade of my life to a music culture that has endured many obstacles, sometimes skepticism, but has proven its resourcefulness and its essence as it has expanded globally. 


Today is the day we celebrate the 45th anniversary of Hip-Hop, a music culture that took a blue-eyed Saudi passion-driven radio host from a humble state of mind to a inquisitive and activistic position.

It started as a backyard party and an enthusiastic DJ, it pushed through the ghettos and the voiceless, it got picked up and glamorized by the mainstream media and with all that said, artists still cave into this urban music genre and in some loopholes, you can still hear the real sound of hip hop. It is important to acknowledge the beginning, the legacy, the purpose, the knowledge, the elements and the culture. 
It is important for artists nowadays to give respect to the pioneers and to know their history. Hip-Hop started in the Bronx but it has impacted so many cultures and has been adapted to their languages and to their heritages. I am thankful to this mind elevating music genre, as it has taken me places around the world, in my way of thinking and up my career ladder. 

Affinities have been created, misconceptions have been broken, hip hop has kept me intrigued and passionate to know more, learn more and shed more light on talent with a capital T.

#ThankYouHipHop 


With Chuck D Public Enemy  (A great moment in my career)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis