Friday, March 16, 2018

Bishop Nehru || Elevators: Act I & II + Dubai Debut



American Rapper Bishop Nehru just released his latest album. Its available on all streaming platforms including Angahmi. He teamed up with Haitian-Canadian DJ and record producer Kaytranada & legendary Hip-Hop artist/Producer MF DOOM !! The album is 2 Acts. First act produced by Kaytranada & the 2nd by MF DOOM.





 Moreover, the amazing guys at SOLE DXB and in partnership with PUMA Middle East were able to bring Bishop to Dubai for a private "Listening Session" in which I had the opportunity  to meet Bishop and I was very impressed with the lyrical content of the album. I personally love the MF DOOM production part but Kaytranada was also so dope! 

Personally, one verse really caught my attention which is in the song "Rooftops" & it says: "I'm Infinite, like I'm unsigned Eminem, yeah.." Bishop is referring to the debut studio album titled Infinite; dropped by legendary rapper Eminem in 1996. The album sold only roughly 1000 copies from the trunk of Em’s car.

It felt to me that hes describing his life with the 2 Acts, Act I was called "Ascension" & Act II was "Free Falling". He did say that he has lots of codes in his lyrics & its up to the listener to find out/think about those lyrics. 


Pix courtesy of Sole DXB
There were about 25 people that were able to get an exclusive listen to the album and then share their thoughts + few Q/A with Bishop. Loved the vibe and it was also great to see Dubai-based artists such as singer/songwriter "Shébani" , Rappers Moh Flow & Majeed and producer AY , in addition to Dj Aeli , Frez & Nnamdi 


Pix courtesy of Sole DXB

Stream the Album for FREE NOW on Anghami 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis